Monday, May 20, 2013

Flats Challenge Day 1: Why did I take the Challenge?

Day 1 of the Flats Challenge

Boy, I sure love a challenge!  Taking on a good challenge is what usually helps me overcome some fear or hiccup. So, I'm doing the Flats and Handwashing Challenge hosted by Dirty Diaper Laundry.  I was AFRAID of using flats!  But given this challenge, I thought, "Hey, I can do anything for a WEEK!"  And, like doing cloth in the first place, if I hate it, I'm not out anything, and if I love it, I'll use it!"

What is this challenge? For one whole week, you use only flat diapers (a single piece of material, usually about 32" square, folded into a diaper) and some sort of cover.  You also have to hand wash them.  Part of this challenge is bringing awareness to those in diaper need that this is a viable option instead of reusing disposables or going without food or other necessities.  Handwashing takes about 10 minutes and flats are the cheapest option out there.  Plus, flats line dry SO fast!  On a decent sunny day, they're dry in 2 hours tops.  I haven't tried drying inside yet, but with the storms due all week, I may have to get inventive!


Day 2: How did I prepare?
Day 3: Dealing with Overnights
Day 4: How am I doing with hand washing?
Day 5: What's working? What's not?
Day 6: Babysitter/Outings
Day 7: What did I learn?

No comments:

Post a Comment